Adolescent years can be a particularly challenging time for anybody, especially teens with Down syndrome. In 2009, the DSG STARS (Special Teens Achieving Real Success) Program was founded. STARS provides a fun and safe environment for teens, ages 12 to 18. Teens have the opportunity to make new friends, volunteer in their community, explore employment skills and increase self-confidence. The focus of the program is on social, prevocational and life skills to help each teen reach their greatest potential.
With the inception of the STARS program, the DSG has furthered its mission by providing continual programming to support teens as they prepare for adulthood and independence.
For more information/questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-213-5485.
Check to make sure your child is signed up to get the most recent STARS information and event updates:
1. **Update your teens information for the STARS program by clicking here. **
2. Subscribe to our weekly emails so you don't miss out on anything STARS related by clicking here.
3. Make sure to download our new app to get the latest updates on STARS right at your fingertips! We also have our own tile, access to carpool information, etc. Its pretty cool! Go to your app store and search "DSG." If you filled out the form above already, you will only need to enter your phone number. If you havent filled that out, you need to fill it out and then we can get you going in the STARS portion of the app.
4. Join our Facebook Group: Search for "DSG of KC STARS Program" and ask to join. You will be approved ONLY if you are a parent to a teen in the program.
5. Click on the links to events by clicking here and sign up for events your teen would like. IMPORTANT: If it is your first time in STARS you must attend an event at DSG first so we can get to know you! So make sure your first event you sign up for is at DSG.
6. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the STARS program
Join DSG of KC STARS on Facebook!